Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Change in Plans

          As you probably know from my last blog post, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I have realized that Croatia might not be the best fit for me anymore. And while doing research about possible jobs in the human rights field, I came across a position for human rights workers in Ukraine. As you know, Ukraine is going through much unrest and many feel it would be helpful to send in an international delegation to work on the ground, recording human rights abuses and being actively involved in nonviolence trainings and workshops. I interviewed and have now accepted a position with one such NGO there. I leave early next week for Kiev.
         I know that this will come as a shock for many people, especially for my new friends here in Croatia. I have really appreciated my time here and the relationships that have formed. However,  I am also excited about this new work in Ukraine. I hope to post more details in the coming days as I learn more, but I wanted to share this news as I have heard it. Your thoughts and prayers are much appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Julia, I am so excited for you! Bravo for your courage to change plans and to pursue your passion! Blessings for the journey!

    ReplyDelete